My Blog List

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

John 13:34

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WELCOME !

FIRST of ALL, the disclaimers: This is NOT an official tonight show website nor an official jay leno website, nor an affiliate nor sponsor etc. I am JUST a FAN and a semi-regular attendee of the Tonight Show in Burbank, California , and I wanted to do SOME SORT of tribute to the show as Jay Leno's last appearance is coming very soon (February 6, 2014). I am sure there will be a BIG CIRCUS of media for the last show, and I doubt that I will be able to get into the last show as I am NOT a VIP, but if not I will be outside the studio with many others I assume. Maybe he will even come outside and wave or something.Also, since photos are "strictly forbidden" inside the studio, and I don't even dare try to sneak a picture, I can only provide pics from outside the studio waiting in line, etc. I also try to give a brief descriptive overview of a show if I attended it, with a brief video clip of me leaving, at times. I've seen a LOT of different shows, in person, at the Burbank studio, and don't watch it on television (albeit ocassionally I look back at various episodes online). I also am old enough to remember going to the Johnny Carson Tonight Show (same location, albeit at the older setting, which Jay Leno shared for a while I do believe, although recently some fellow tried to tell me that Leno's first studio was not the same one as the one Johnny Carson used, but as far as I can tell it was in the exact same location). Anyways, I really enjoyed going to the Johnny Carson show and also the Jay Leno show over the years. There were times when I thought the "security" at the Leno show was excessively grim during commercial breaks...with the blank-faced stares out at the audience, but they actually loosened up a bit at least in the last year or so, and especially with the final show looming, maybe some of them realized their "job security" is ending and that they are "just one of us" as well. But I want to focus on Jay Leno and the laughs he gave us and the good memories. I am sure we will see MORE of Leno in various other capacities as a comedian. I've heard other networks are talking to him, but don't know what will come of it, if anything. I'm not sure if this change is all NBC or if maybe Leno himself indicated he was getting tired of doing the show. There were times when it seemed like he was a bit weary of "holding the fort" as they say. Sure, he has a TON of support staff, but ultimately it's ALL about him. All the criticism and/or praise goes to Leno, regardless of who actually thought up the joke, wrote the script, etc.





SO HERE's to JAY LENO, Thanks for the LAUGHS and THANKS for the MEMORIES !
  ***********
“At just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
 Romans 5:6-8