My Blog List

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

John 13:34

Thursday, February 6, 2014

video 2/6/14 AT STUDIO ENTRANCE, LAST JAY LENO TONIGHT SHOW,and it is RAINING !


2/6/14 
AT STUDIO ENTRANCE, LAST JAY LENO TONIGHT SHOW,and it is RAINING ! This is the first significant rain we've had around southern Cal in a long time.Its raining on Jay's parade! Tonight is the final Jay Leno Tonight Show & the final show in Burbank. It moves to New York after today, to be hosted by Jimmy Fallon...& I'm outside the main entrance to the studio. There's about 20 others hanging around just trying to get a feel for the end of an era...lots of memories. One fellow flew in from Toronto without tickets to the show,,he just wanted to be near the studio as it came to an end..he did the same when Conan show reverted back to Leno. He's a die-hard. Another guy flew in from Detroit,also without a ticket to the show. People,near & far, have emotions & memories intersect with this show & with Leno. The Tonight Show became personally signifcant in my life in the late 70's & 80's when Johnny Carson was still alive & well...and I would take friends to the show when they visited from Michigan (where my family moved from when I was in high school).And we came to the show as a family at least once,maybe twice. And in the past ten years I've regularly come to the show maybe once a month or so ...and faces became familiar after a while. Its a "family" of sorts here at the Tonight Show..Some have been around here a LONG time. And now Its 3:40pm(pst) here. Show starts in about 20 minutes, & party will probably start around 80 minutes from now (5pm?) . We know the final guests are Billy Crystal & Garth Brooks, but what other "surprises" will there be? Last night (I was at the show) the surprise appearances by Arsenio Hall, Carrot Top, & a few others, as well as Mickey Rooney in the audience. Stay tuned for more updates!